With one week left to go, we are just about all set for the 2015 Iowa Water Conference! A little hiccup with the website last week (thanks to a university-wide outage) had us answering a lot of calls and emails about registration last week, but everything is up and running and rarin’ to go. A few key points:
–Early registration (a $25 discount) has been extended to this Tuesday, February 24 at midnight.
–Oral research presentations – a chance to showcase your research in a 15 minute presentation during breakout sessions – are still being solicited until Tuesday at midnight also. (The online form does have a deadline of Feb 20 – please disregard.)
-We are offering an optional workshop on the front end of the conference again in 2015 (Monday from 8-10) – this year we’re learning about Portland, Oregon’s Green Infrastructure efforts. The fee for this workshop is $50, which you can select as an option during registration, or register onsite the day of.
-At the tail end of the conference (Tuesday from 3-5:30), we are hosting a listening session on behalf of FEMA related to the new Federal Flood Risk Management Standard. More details, including documents regarding the Standards and the Draft Implementation Guidelines, can be found at the Iowa Water Center website’s event listing.
-We have a GREAT list of exhibitors, both commercial and non-profit/educational. They are:
- Applied Ecological Services, Inc.
- Bolton & Menk, Inc.
- Emmons & Olivier Resources, Inc.
- I + S Group
- OTT Hydromet
- Quick Supply Company
- RDG Planning & Design
- Roof Top Sedums LLC
- Upstream Technologies
- English River Watershed Management Authority
- Iowa Children’s Water Festival – Iowa Association of Water Agencies
- Iowa Department of Agriculture & Land Stewardship
- Iowa Environmental Council
- Iowa Flood Center
- Iowa Floodplain and Stormwater Management Association
- Iowa Learning Farms and Water Rocks!
- Leopold Center for Sustainable Agriculture
- Natural Resources Conservation Service
- Rathbun Land and Water Alliance
- Southfork Watershed Alliance
- U.S. Geological Survey
That’s it for now – the long and short of it, if you haven’t registered, there’s still time! We have a fantastic program this year and wouldn’t want anyone to miss it.